Wishing us ALL a FABULOUS New Year!

Happy Monday, all you sugar lovers!! Happy New Year's Eve!!
Pat Frank here with another new Sugar Nellie DT card! And a little "hint" at Sugar Nellie's newest digi stamps...which will be showcased in a Blog Hop this coming Saturday, January 5th!!
More on that in a minute...
First, I have a sweet little card to share with you....
 
Today's card features a precious digi image named "Melissa"... from the "Simply Adorable" collection of Sugar Nellie stamps. You can find this image HERE at Funky Kits. "Melissa" is just one of many "Simply Adorable" digi images available at Funky Kits...and, you just never know when more will be added!! (That might be a hint of things to come in the new year!!)


I'm embarrassed to admit that I've had this digi image for well over a year...and this is my very first time coloring her! As my mother would say, "For shame, for shame!" hehe!! Isn't little "Melissa" just a brilliant piece of artwork? And, believe me when I say, she was an absolute joy to color. In fact, because the artist has provided shading in the appropriate places, the only thing I had to think about was which colors to use! You see? Easy peasy!! Here's a close-up...
 
 
For a change of pace, I decided to color this image with my Faber-Castell and Caran d'Ache colored pencils. I honestly can't tell you the colors I used...because I used so many and simply lost track. I can tell you that I layered and layered....especially her hair...with different shades from the same color family!
Here's another view...
 
 
Now...if you'd like more info on how I made this particular card...as well as a peek at a few more pics,
please pop on over to my blog HERE!!

Oh...and don't forget...

Mark your calendars for...
The "Vintage Adorables" Blog Hop...
Saturday, January 5, 2013
11:00 A.M. GMT

And...as always...there will be PRIZES!!

And, that's it from me! Have a safe and fun last day of 2012...and I'll see you all again in 2013!
Happy New Year!
Hugs...




 

2 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Beautiful card, looking forward to the new images. Happy New Year to all xx

nnalorac said...

Happy New Year to you all and looking forward to seeing the new Digi's this coming weekend. Love the colours on your card Pat, bright and bold, love it. Carolxx