Wish upon a star


It is me, Marianne, which will show you a card today. I`m so happy to be on the Sugar Nellie team, and I`m very excited to do my first post here on the blog. The card I want to show you is a Christmas card with this ohh so sweet little Christmas fairy from the Jingle bells & Tinkle bells range. This little beauty is called “Wish upon a star”, and you can buy her and all of her lovely friends at Funky Kits.


For the shape of my card I have used a chipboard frame as a template, and cut it out by hand. The papers I have used are from Maja Design, and the paper with the small hearts is actually from the summer collection, but don`t tell anyone:) I think it looks nice on a Christmas card too.
I have colored the image with Prisma Colors, and I have stamped swirls around it with Distress Ink – Weathered Wood. I have distressed all the edges on my card with the same color. I have made the hinges by using a corner punch from Martha Stewart on strips of paper, and the snowflakes are also made from MS punches.


Here is a close up of this sweet image. As you can see I have added some glitter to really make her sparkle.  If you like you can visit my blog, and here you can see another card I have made with this image, but with completely different colors.
I wish you all a sweet and creative weekend.
Hugs from Marianne.

14 comments:

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

She really is cute as cute can be!!

Stunning creation, loving the colours on the one and the shape is fantastic!


Ali x

Juls said...

fabulous card! Love the colour combo and the fabulous shape! Hugs Juls

Astrid said...

Such a beautiful card Marianne, love the image, stunning colouring !!

hugs Astrid xx

Victoria said...

she is gorgeous she has just arrived to live here and will be introduced to ink in a bit lol

Liefs Ineke said...

Your card is lovely. Beautiful work.

Gr. Ineke

mia.t said...

That image is lovely and the card is wonderful.

Pat said...

What a completely stunning card!! I love every element! This may be the sweeeetest line of Sugar at Funky Kits...so far! I just love 'em all!! And Marianne...you have showcased this little angel beautifully! Great post too. Oh...and I love the swirls around the image...I am soooo going to steal that idea! Hugs. Pat Frank

Unknown said...

Oh this is so beautiful, Mary x

Shazza said...

this is beautiful x

Vicky said...

Just so beautiful Marianne...and your colouring is stunning hun...!

big hugs Vicky xx

Daniele said...

this is so pretty love all the sparkle
hugs

Catherine said...

It's gorgeous Marianne.

Catherine x

Christine L said...

Oooooh she's beautiful! Such a lovely card..
Hugs
Christine x

Paula (PEP) said...

Your soft colouring with the pencils is delightful & I love the shape of your card with those hinges. Your swirl stamping around the edge of the image panel is so effective too.
Paula (PEP)