Holiday Weekend

There are just so many holidays this month that it is playing havoc with my brain. Not only did our kids have two weeks off for Easter but on going back they don't have a five day week for the next three weeks! Does anyone think about working parent, I would much rather have a complete week off so we could go somewhere.
Leaving the kids at home I have found myself in the granite city, yes I am in ABERDEEN, a little shopping and a couple of appointments tomorrow and then its back home in time for Brownies.

I would like to give a shout out to Rachel and Billy for driving all the way from Glasgow to the HOS on Saturday, that's a 7/8 hour round trip!. I hope you were made welcome by the folks in the house, it was a busy day early on with Erikas shop demo with the Grand Calibre and Jenny's classes running but it got calmer in the afternoon. AND thanks for the yummy sweeties and cake :)

On arriving home I found that the tiny little guinea pig, teenie weenie, had not made it and we had a lesson on death, grief and burial for a heart broken eight year old. :(
Saturday night out with friends to celebrate hubbies 50th birthday, yet again!
Sunday included a trip to a craft fair, two in one week, and I met some lovely girls full of enthusiasm for their craft/hobby. It's something I would like to get more involved with, motivating crafters to take the next step in bringing their creations to craft shows etc. I am a great believer in.... if you don't try you get no where.

Catch you all tomorrow night when I should be back home and look forward to getting back to normal on Wednesday.

take care

Karen

5 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

It's a wonder you run a business between all these things, let alone a working farm. Take care.
Paula (PEP)

Maria Therese said...

Oh you've been busy! Too bad about the guinea pig. Do you have many now? When the girls are a little bigger I hope to get one or two as we can't have cats or dogs as the rest of the household is allergic :( Have a lovely week.

Hugs MT

Vicky said...

Awww I'm so sorry about the guinea pig I remember when my son's died when he was younger bless him he was heart broken........he then wanted a rat.....yuk!!!
As for the hols we are just on our 2nd week of our easter hols so I no longer know which day it is I struggle remember the month lol.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Casper said...

Busy , busy weekend then?

Hope you enjoyed your second celebration for hubby!

Poor wee teenie weenie - shame that anyone has to deal with death, especially at 8 years old.

But it is part of our natural processes as humans :(

Was very impressed with HOS - comfy sofas,coffe & rubber what more could a girl want?

Have fun in Aberdeen & try to rest.

Take care
Big Hugs
Casper
xxx

Casper said...

Hiya Karen,

What craft Fayres are around?

Down here it is mostly car boot sales & well that did not go well with cards or Jewellery - they wanted me to pay them & give them a card too ha ha!

Willing to pay more for older stuff than new hand made & hand designed items - TOO MANY BARGAIN HUNTERS & NOT ENOUGH APPRECIATION FOR CRAFTED ITEMS!

Take care
Big Hugs
Casper
xxx