New Blood



I had a lot of girls comment in private regarding the opportunity to join the DT as "new blood", I really need to think of another tag to attach to these girls.

I was on the look out for a crafter who showed original style, a nice blog with regular craft postings and was not already on any DT.

 Out of those I found, the choice was hard yet again  but I found more than I needed and wondered to myself how I could justify giving several girls a chance. SO I ended up with the idea that these new girls would be given half the rubber that the DT get in order not to push them too hard { its no fun when you have to provide work and your are overloaded with commitments} and give them a months guest DT spot to see how they get on and to share out the rubber the best I can.
So I will refer to them as DTg and post there creations here to see how they get on. It has been one of my more pleasurable points in this business to watch artist and crafters grow and bloom. Its sad that I loose them when more opportunities are opened up for them but its a "mothers pride" moment to watch them move on. I want to give this chance to others, I cant do it for everyone but I would like to try first with these girls

Gemma
SugarPlum
Juls

Congratulations girls, email Mark  with you names and addresses and he will send out your DTg rubber
info@funkykits.co.uk

I have a long list of others that I will try to get around to this year at some point but that's it for now.

I am working on more Simply Sassy's and Mangas at the moment, these should be will you in the next couple of months. I also have other completed artwork that need attention and consideration, oh what a hard job.

For those who are local to the HOS I have some dates for your diary

*Saturday 15th Feb we have our very own sweetie Erika coming to demonstrate in store for Personal Impressions, that's the  UK's biggest supplier to store of Martha Stewart punches, Spellbinders and some super classy clear stamp set. 10-4pm

* Kate starts her evening classes on a 25th  Jan : Tuesday nights 7-9pm phone for availability 01343 548864

*beginners classes on Saturday to fit demand £10 date TBA

* 19th  Feb ;Birdhouse class inc stamp set 11-12 and 1-3 class £18 samples in store

* Sugar Nellie craft day, 10.30-4.30  Saturday 27th Feb £25 more details

*New craft club starting in Kinloss , Sunday 6th Feb 1-5pm. £3 do your own thing in the company of crazy likeminded crafter

If you have a "class room" available for event hire in Scotland, drop me a line as I am scribblin in my diary all the sweet event we want to do this year out and about :)

Karen

18 comments:

Donalda said...

Big Congrats ladies and welcome aboard. You are going to love being on the best stamping company around.Hugs to you all

Wiccababe said...

congratulations to the girls
look forward to seeing your creations
Debz
xx

Danielle Daws said...

Congratulations girls! I'm absolutely jealous!! :-)

Paula (PEP) said...

All very exciting - & Congratulations to the new DTgs - that's a super idea Karen all round. Look forward to seeing the fruits. Have a good weekend.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/
PS - I'm glad I've not got a tooth like that - looks way too sharp for my liking.

Juls said...

I have gone from a state of shock....to a complete mad thing jumping around the house screaming!!!! Thank you so much for this oppertunity!!!! Hugs Juls

Welmoed said...

Congratulations! You made it! Super! Go for it!

xxx Welmoed

sugarplum said...

Oh Wow! I am gobsmacked! and thrilled to be chosen Cant wait for the rubba to arrive Hope I can live up to all the fabulous designers you have already
thanks again for giving me this chance
Fi

Shazza said...

oooh lots of dates i need to check hubby's shifts for there!!
Congrats to the three DTg girls, look forward to seeing what they come up with.
Have a good weekend Karen x

Delphine said...

Congratulations to the 3 of you, wishing you the best! Hugs Delphine xx

Carisa said...

It must be glorious to see your name listed there for such an opportunity!!! I think it's awesome that you seek out new designers that have not been on DTs to give them a boost if they had not been confident yet to try out on their own. Congrats girls! Enjoy it AND most important just have fun!

Random Acts of Krafting said...

Hi Karen,

I am in awe with all the newness this year. I love Sugar Nellie, and have to say, one year I do hope to get the chance to be a lucky SNDT or even a SNDTg. It is really nice to have things to aspire to, and your current DT is just so inspiring. Keep up the good work ladies! Congrats to the new DTg's! Look forward to seeing your work too.

Hugs
Tanya

Lau W said...

Congrats girls !-))))
xxx

Gina K said...

Congrats! Can't wait to see your work!

Erika said...

Congratulations guys and happy crafting...looking forwards to catching up with folk in the shop on the 15th after the Christmas break.

♥Gemma♥ said...

O....M....G!!! Im absolutely gobsmacked that i have been given this fantastic opportunity and like Sugarplum said just hope I can live up to your very talented DT, Thank you Karen :o)

Congrats to Juls & Sugarplum too :o)
hugs and xxx

Mina said...

perfect choice...three amazing crafters...huge congratulations to Gemma, sugarplum and the fabulous Juls, so well deserved
Mina xxx

Unknown said...

Karen, you know where I am, if you need a hand out and about doing fab days for lucky crafters like we had here in Ellon, we all loved our day, huge thanks to Kate, Erica and yourself for the hours put into making it a success.

Just shout in my direction and happy to fo whatever you need xx

Kezzy said...

Congratulations to the new DTg, can't wait to see their creations.
Kezzy